What will put you out of business quicker than you can say 'recession'?
All businesses rely on their data being available, so when a server or computer goes down for a few minutes or an hour, it can be a real pain. But imagine something going down and not being able to recover the data that was on it. Statistics show that nearly 50% of companies in the US that lost significant company data filed for bankruptcy within 6 months. That means this is a very real threat and can put you out of business pretty quickly. Protecting against this though doesn't have to be difficult or expensive.
"50% of businesses that lost significant company data, filed for bankruptcy within 6 months"
Scared of losing data?
Let us worry about it for you. We provide a full managed service, which simply means that we will set it up, install the software, help you decide on the backup strategy and then back up your data daily. The data is stored offsite and backed up to a separate location and we also monitor it to ensure that it is reliable.
Our remote back up service is secure, reliable and professionally managed for you. At £2.50 per GB per month, it’s totally affordable for a small business to have a level of protection expected by a big business.
For a typical small company, holding around 10GB of data, a daily back up of shared folder, server state (users and profiles) and exchange database (email) will cost £25 a month plus a one off set up fee of £30 (free for our support customers).
Advantages of remote backup
- Automatic reliable service - you don't need to remember to do anything. The process runs nightly and is monitored to ensure that it works every day
- Secure - data is transported and stored encrypted
- Safe offsite - because your files are stored off-site this protects against data loss should anything happen to your server or office. (If the backups were on site, even in a fire proof safe, they would probably not be protected in a fire longer than 15 minutes)
- Fast file recovery - local software allows you to restore a file quickly to its original location should you delete it accidently
"Most fire-proof safes bought by small companies offer only 15 minutes protection in a site fire."
How to get remote backup
- Complete the simple form below to register your interest
- If you have more than 10 GB of data we will send out a starter hard drive to collect the initial data block
- We agree which files are being backed up and document it for you
- Plug the drive into your server (give us a call and we do the rest)
- Send the drive back to us (don't worry it's fully encrypted, so your data is safe)
- Your remote daily back up starts