All businesses need IT support, but not all businesses have the same needs. Mercury1 recognise that businesses have different requirements and have set out a range of packages to compliment different approaches to IT support and budgets.
Better than in house (and more cost effective)
The benefits of outsourcing your IT support include the following:
- Cost savings - In the current climate, saving money in business is a must. Outsourcing your IT department is a great way to save on salaries and often get a better service.
- Quicker problem resolution - It's a known fact that more heads are better than one, and in our case, our heads are pretty damn good at fixing things.
- Free strategic advice - A good IT department isn't just there to fix things, we provide proactive strategic advice and can help you build your business through our extensive understanding of the fabric of the technical world.
- No surprises - Clear, predictable monthly cost regardless of how much usage is required, so you don't have to worry about your costs if we're up all night fixing a virus issue for you so you can have everything working in the morning.
- No messy HR issues - A contractual agreement with a third party supplier means that you can have a SLA and a guaranteed level of service. Also means that you don't have to worry about your IT support getting sick or taking a holiday!
Hourly support bundles
If your needs don't extend to full time help and you only have a few questions or problems a month, then you'll probably suit a hourly-bundle package. You can choose to buy these up-front so they don't expire and you keep them until you've used them up or pay for them over a year. Bundles come in any size from 5 hours, and you can top up at anytime. The more hours you buy the cheaper it is per hour, but smaller bundles allow you to manage a smaller budget.
Pricing: Hourly bundles
Receive a greater discount the more hours you buy. Some example bundles are shown below.
|5 hours||£388||3% off|
|10 hours||£768||4% off|
|50 hours||£3655||9% off|
Unlimited support packages are just that - unlimited! We don't put small print restrictions on our unlimited deal like other firms do. If you have less than 40 members of staff and 1 server then having Mercury1's top level unlimited support will cost you less than employing an in-house technical hand (and we’re basing this on a fairly low salaried role).
- Unlimited support by phone, email or SMS between 08:30 and 18:00 Monday to Friday
- Enhanced remote management software for issue resolution and inventory management (without disturbing the user) on each machine.
- Onsite support allowance of 0.5 days per user at no extra cost.
- Proactive server monitoring, including checking the backup, security patches, anti-virus updates and daily health checks.
- Each user is supported regardless of location between the contracted hours, even if they are using another computer or hand-held device.
Pricing: Unlimited support
Example company: Company X has 11 employees, 1 server and wants proactive unlimited support for working hours.
Cost: £1,120 pcm (+ VAT)
That’s over 50% less than it would cost for an onsite member of staff. See PDF for more details.
If you need more help calculating your costs, please contact us.
Need good advice?
It is no secret that businesses that are embracing the right technology are becoming more efficient and successful. If your company is looking to compete in the marketplace a good understanding of the available technology and implementation strategies is imperative. With Mercury1 this expertise combined with sound business experience is a integral part of the support you will receive. Any questions that you have the team will be able to give you our strategic advice and help with implementation where needed. Below are some examples of the type of questions we help our clients with.
- What is the best way of managing my list of contacts?
- How do I set up a Blog?
- We have a new hire starting on Monday, what do we need?
- What's the best anti-virus software for us?
- Can you show me how to do animation in PowerPoint?